Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Potato Wedges and FRY sauce


Potato Wedges
Sorry this is not an exact science. I tend to make things up as I go and I hardly ever measure, I just taste and tweak and taste and tweak! lol but here is my best description of what I have done. Luckily, It's my current favorite junk fod right now, so Ive made this 3 times in the past week!!good luck!

Preheat oven to 400degrees.

Slice potatoes to approx ½ inch slices or wedges depending on the size of your potatoes. Fingerlings make great wedges. (leave the skin on)

Prep Batter in a Large Ziplock bag.
Approx ½ cup arrowroot starch. (more or less depending on how many potatoes you’re using)
Approx ¼ tsp. Garlic powder
Approx ¼ tsp salt
Approx ½ tsp Organic No-salt seasoning
Couple dashes of pepper 
(remember, i just eyeball it, so you may want more of some of these spices)

Shake to combine batter. Add as many potatoes as you can to the bag with enough room to shake well to coat the potatoes. They should end up with a very thin, somewhat moist layer of batter on each. If they are very dry and heavily coated, add more potatoes and shake more to distribute batter evenly. Dump the battered potatoes onto a cookie sheet drizzle a little olive oil and gently hand toss to spread the oil. Then place all the potatoes flat on the sheet allowing a little space between each. (Too many too close together will cause them to steam instead of getting brown and crispy) Bake in the oven for 12 minutes on each side. And Serve. I like them best with Fry sauce!

Fry sauce

 I start with a 15oz mason jar with a lid.
I fill it half way with equal parts mayo (you could most likely use plain yogurt) and Ketchup. (I use organicville)
3-4 dashes of gf Worcestershire sauce. (I use Lea and Perkins)
Approx 1-2 TBSP lemon juice (according to taste)
approx 2 TBSP dill pickle Relish (more or less to taste)
dash of Pepper

Shake well to combine!
ENJOY 

TIP:When subbing out the mayo and using sour cream or plain yogurt in it's place You may not need as much Lemon Juice because Yogurt and sour cream tend to be tangy anyway!

No comments: