Sunday, March 7, 2010

~Vegan Victoria Sponge Cake~

So Again I decided to Play with the Egg Replacer! ;) hehehe!! Did I mention that I'm REALLY Starting to Like this stuff?? This Recipe was actually on the back of the Egg Replacer Box, I just altered it to make it work with my Families Food limitations!


~INGREDIENTS~


2 cups. Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup. Succanat
3 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Ener-G-Egg Replacer
1/4 cup. Earth Ballance Buttery Spread-softened
1 1/3 cup. Water
optional~ Flavor of your choice. I used 1 TBSP. Vanilla

Pre-Heat Oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the First 4 Ingredients Together. add the Earth-ballance and Mix well. Add teh Flavor and water and Mix 2 minutes. Pour into a Greased 8 inch cake pan.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the middle is firm to touch.

We Topped ours with a Vegan Sugar Free canned Cherry Sauce, that was nice and tart. it blended well with the sweetness of the cake. It would have been extra yummy the with the Vegan whipped cream on top.

No comments: